8.16.2007

Some Chelsea Color

I've been shooting this stuff forever, but I never thought about posting it until I started looking at John Tallman's blog, Color Chunks. (Thanks for the inspiration, John).

Above: 27th Street between 11th Ave and the Highway. Wouldn't you love to meet the person who chose the colors for this warehouse building? I would. (This is the block Schroeder Romero and Winkleman Gallery are on, so stop and look if you're by there

Above: 27th Street between 10th and 11th. I saw a fiberglass wall just like this in Havana a few years ago with pretty much the same message. Below: 22nd Street, I think, also between 10th and 11th.

Above: This is an oldie, another scanned image from around 19th Street near Fifth Avenue. I love the color made by the layers of netting. And see the little square of pink in the upper right of the image? How perfect is that?

1 comment:

L.D.H said...

I love these shots. I'm constantly pointing out similar sights to my partner as we walk around - the rusty patina of a stop sign, a particularly stunning sewer grate, the refelction of a chain link fence on a snowy yard - it's nice to see I'm not the only 'crazy' one!!!