Pages

10.14.2007

Abstraction and Geometry in Brooklyn

I don't get into the other boroughs too often, but today I spent the afternoon in Williamsburg with my friend, Jackie Battenfield, a new Brooklynite. We hit the neighborhood galleries on Bedford, Driggs and Metropolitan Avenues. The Thornton Willis solo at Sideshow was the highlight of my gallerygoing day, followed by a presumably unintended abstraction on Hope Street. Here are pics of both:


Thornton Willis at Sideshow Gallery on Bedford Avenue, above; streetside geometry on Hope Street, corner of Marcy


Coming up in the next few days: skulls and bones on view in a number of galleries in Chelsea

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful photo of the Hope Street wall.

www.nealturner.com

Joanne Mattera said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanne Mattera said...

Thanks, Neal. I was thinking about how much it reminded me of a Ruth Root painting.
(See her work at http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/artists/ruth_root.htm or just Google her name)