Pages

11.17.2008

A Little Crazy . . .

I'm a little crazy this week as I finish up the work for my solo show in Boston , rev up for a number of group shows around the country, and get my press passes lined up for Miami.

Bear with me. I have a lot of great pics of recent exhibitions to show you--Beatriz Milhazes, Ron Gorchov, Mary Heilmann, Tomma Abts, Martin Kline and more. I'll post as much as I can before I leave for the art fairs. After that . . .well, it will be all Miami all the time.

Meanwhile, following the interactive projects at Color Chunks and Thinking About Art, Pam Farrell has come up with a similarly interesting project. She's inviting artists to e-mail her two photos: "one of your studio or workspace . . . that represents your process or you as an artist, and one of your work." Go on, you know you want to.

Here's a pic I took in Pam's studio. I love the compositon, the inside/outside, the color, and the drape of yellow netting that divides the two groups of rectilinear elements. (When I have a minute, I'll post a picture of my studio on her blog.)

An in-and-out-view of Pam Farrell's New Jersey studio, taken in October
.

2 comments:

Donna Dodson said...

congratulations on your upcoming show at arden gallery in boston- i saw your ad in artnews ans i look forward to meeting you at the opening reception- best, donna

Joanne Mattera said...

Thanks, Donna.
I look forward to meeting you, too.