Pages

3.25.2009

The Artists' Stimulus Package

.
While AIG is getting its sorry ass bailed out, artists are working harder for less. Sales are down, and collectors are asking for ever-steeper discounts even as our cost of doing business keeps rising.
.
Think we're going to get a bailout or a bonus? Think we're going to get a stimulus package? Think again. With that in mind I have assembled the Artists' Stimulus Package, guaranteed to see you through the 16-hour days when you need to complete work for a solo show while holding down two part-time jobs. I can't vouch for their healthfulness (though I will admit to dark chocolate being my drug of choice). The diet pills at bottom right are the most extreme stimulus in this package. I've omitted the over-the-top chemicals--the point being to stimulate, not annihilate.
.




























10 comments:

Nancy Natale said...

Is that the $5000 chocolate?

Joanne Mattera said...

The one that broke my tooth and now I need an implant? No. THAT chocolate has a stake driven through it.

Donna Dodson said...

Thanks for a good belly laugh, Joanne!

Kate Carvellas said...

LOL!!! This is GREAT!! But, I'd be a really EASY bailout!! ALL I need are the first two...COFFEE and CHOCOLATE baby!! Oh yeah!! Hmmm....I guess I've been bailing myself out for quite some time!! LOL!!

Kathy

CMC said...

Humm..and a couple of glasses of good merlot.

C. L. DeMedeiros said...

Very refreshing to know, that still some good options... Is this camomile tea?
I'm doing lemon tea with plenty of honey.

Carlos

Joanne Mattera said...

Carlos,
Mate is the very opposite of camomile. It's got more caffeine than coffee.

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Thanks for the package..we all need an uplift right now..

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Very funny!

I saw a handmade sign on the back window of a pick up truck that read:
"who's going to bail me out?"
Really, it's such a bleeping outrage and it keeps happening over and over....

Jala Pfaff said...

Dark chocolate is my drug as well. Dark and expensive.
I wanted to thank you for your post on Morandi. Also wanted to say that we have your encaustic book and really love your work.
Cheers,
J