Pages

7.16.2012

Marketing Mondays: On Vacation

.


PROVINCETOWN-- I'm on vacation this week. Yeah, yeah, it's a tough job and someone's gotta do it. The sign in the picture, shot in Salem, Mass., will stand in for me while I'm away, because it's everything we talk about here on Marketing Mondays: Do it yourself, assume control of your career, make your own opportunities.
.
Feel free to post your comments on this thought. I'll be checking in. And Color: Field and Form, Part 2 will post automatically on Wednesday. (If only it had been written automatically.)

7 comments:

Philip Koch said...

Joanne,

I love what's written on the sign- it pretty accurately summarizes the life of most artists. The good news is learning to swim can be fun at least much of the time.

annell4 said...

What you have said is "big." After 15 years I was seperated from my number one gallery, and I realized I had gotten lazy, and had let the gallery "do it for me." Now I am much more involved, have assumed control of my career and am making my own opportunities. And after all, who knows best, but the one in the studio.

annell4 said...

What you have said is "big." After 15 years I was seperated from my number one gallery, and I realized I had gotten lazy, and had let the gallery "do it for me." Now I am much more involved, have assumed control of my career and am making my own opportunities. And after all, who knows best, but the one in the studio.

ken said...

Have a great vacation, Joanne! Wishing you some blissful relaxation.

Tamar said...

Great sign. Even if the ship comes in, you never know if it will capsize.
Have a wonderful vacation Joanne, relax and recharge.

Ann L. E. Bach said...

So glad you're taking a vacation. Hope you give yourself lots of open time to stare at the water, gaze at the stars and howl at the moon.
Especially that last one.....
xo

ted larsen said...

Paraphrasing from the movie Exotic Marigold Hotel, "Everything turns out perfect in the end. If it is not yet perfect, it is not the end."