Pages

8.05.2008

More Color and Geometry

.
I'm using this opportunity to post more images from artists who have either sent me links to their websites from the last time I did a post like this (Your Turn: Color, Geometry and More) or whose work I've been wanting to post when the time and opportunity presented itself. The focus this time is on symmetry.
.
.
Louise P. Sloane. VioletVioletAqua, 2008, acrylic polymers and pigment on aluminum, 32 x 28 inches. Louise and I are both included in No Chromophobia at OK Harris, which will resume in September after a summer hiatus. See more on her website
..
....Matthew Langley. Celebrated Summer, 2006, oil on canvas, 60 x 50 inches. See more at Matthew Langley.com

....


. Henry Brown. Counterbalance, 2005, acrylic, pencil, gesso on canvas, 60 x 60 inches. See more on Henry Brown.com. (Henry was included in a recent group show, Machine Learning, which you can read about here and Minus Space

.

.James Brittingham. Ketchfeelins, 2006, acrylic on Dura-lar, 81 inches high. See more on Scott's Flickr site
.
.Geoffrey Todd Smith. Everything U Fuck Turns 2 Math, 2007, ink and gouache on paper, 16" w x 20 inches. Read an interview with him at Fecal Face (hey, I don't make up these titles) and see more at Western Exhibitions in Chicago
.

Grace DeGennaro. Weaving, 2007, oil on linen, 26 x 16 inches. "My labor-intensive working process reflects and supports the recurrent themes of ritual, growth, and the passage of time. The dots also reference Byzantine mosaics, Australian Aboriginal Art, tatoos, mehndi, beading and weaving," says Grace in an interview with Julie Karabenick on Geoform. See more on gracedegennaro.com
.
If you have work that deals with color and geometry, feel free to leave your post in the Comments section so that we can all take a look. Down the road I'll compile another selection.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again Joanne for your insight, humor and exposure to artists who share common sensibilities.

peter said...

I really enjoy your blog, though I haven't had much time lately to check in. My art site is www.barrettart.com; I curated the Obsessive Reductive show at Hogar in Wburg last June.