Pages

10.11.2014

Tooting My Horn in This Post . . .


. . . because I have work on exhibition right now in

a couple of venues:  a solo at the Conrad Wilde 

Gallery in Tucson through October 25, along with 

group show there; and a group show, Doppler 

Effect, at the Visual Art Center of New Jersey 

through January 18. 


Chromatic Reasoning, my solo exhbition at Conrad Wilde Gallery in Tucson, is up through October 25 (maybe longer). Concurrent with the solo is the four-artist group show, Relative Geometries, in which I have work along with Annelle Livingston, Robert Moya and Nancy Natale. I attended the opening last weekend and took a number of installation shots, three of which are below:

View of both galleries

Chromatic Geometry 1, 2013, encaustic on panel, 24 x 24 inches

My solo
The group show 



At the Visual Art Center of New Jersey one of my paintings is included in the splendid group show, Doppler Effect. The exhibition, curated by Mary Birmingham, has assembled 46 artworks that explore the illusion of difference between two-and three-dimensional space. Scroll down (or click here) for a well-illustrated walk-through of the exhibition. Here's a peek:  

Installation view: Guido Winkler

Below: Chromatic Geometry 21, 2014, encaustic on panel, 12 x 12 inches
Photo: Kathy Cantwell


Click here to read the catalog


I'll be back soon with a roundup of exhibitions in New York City

4 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

ILOVE your work and style!
If you don't toot your own horn...NO ONE else will!
Kudos to you.

Christina said...

Very value able post, I read the whole story when I start reading it.

Bipasha said...

I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.

Ethan said...

Really love your style. The expression feels deep, almost like D'Almeida Novissimo in some of them. Can't wait to see more in NYC.