Pages

11.07.2007

Shades of Winsor and Rothko

I purposely kept my camera in my pocket on the recent trip to San Francisco. I'm woefully behind on the posts I want to make, and if I keep shooting and posting I'll never get any painting done. But when I saw these two architectural gems, I knocked off a few shots.

Here's a building going up on Post Street at the corner of Kearny. Shades of Jackie Winsor, don't you think?


San Francisco minimal: a building at the corner of Post and Kearny


Jackie Winsor: Fifty-Fifty, above; 1975, wood and nails, 40 x 40 x 40 inches; below, Pink and Blue Piece, 1985, mirror, wood, paint, cheesecloth, 31 x 31 x 31 inches. Images from the Paula Cooper Gallery website


Then, on Clementina to visit Hosfelt Gallery and Braunstein and Quay, I shot this window (I think it's part of the latter gallery's facade). Rothko redux.


No comments: